Sunday, March 18, 2007

Snowbound + New Hooks + Boredom + Cold Feet =

New Slippers for me... AHOY!

Behold! My new P, Q, and S hooks from Turn of the Century (link on sidepanel),
done in apple, walnut and ash, respectively.

Here's my first attempt, ever, at slippers.
I made these specifically for myself.
They are worked with an M hook and Debbie Bliss "SoHo" wool.
The body of the foot is done in half doubles, using a drawstring to close at toe.
I don't recommend this, as the lump at the toe is annoying if you walk, but these were intended as "napping slippers" to keep my feet warm while cuddling.
The ankle is worked in a rib stitch (from a chain of eight).
And the cuff is finished off with three rows of broomstick lace worked off a 25 mm diameter knitting needle (*see dog dick post for visual).
Heel is worked in sc in the round, decreasing by one on either side of the heel.
These pictures are unblocked.

Close up of broomstick lace on ankle.
ETA (12/28/10):
I believe I (eventually) gifted these
to either my sister (or my mother, who
either promptly lost or destroyed them--
and now demands I make another pair,
to which I say, NYET!"

2 comments:

soozies said...

*jealous*
love those hooks!

the slippers look very cozy, and almost too nice to be worn bare on the floor

Maven said...

They're napping slippies:) When I'm all bundled up for a nap or for bed, that's when I put them on:)

The hooks were not a break the bank item, girlie. I highly recommend Turn of the Century. Their link is on my sidepanel!