The box of stuff from Annies Attic contained:
- 3 Sets of Tunisian hooks with cables
- One "handy hook" I believe in size "N"
- A couple of packs of pink paillettes just for fun (you never know when you want to glitz something up!)
- Two pineapple kits for amulet bags (might do these up for Xmas gifts, who knows)
- One "Crochenit" tool
Additionally, during a Jaunt to Jersey this past weekend, I ventured over to Rag Shop, to check out their sales, as the chain is going out of business. During a 10 minute shopping trip, I spent about $90, and came away from it with:
- 11 skeins of some Lion Brand wool (don't recall the style or lot) some of which to be used on my technicolor granny 'ghan
- Some balls of Peaches in cream in colors I don't have
- 3 Sets of scratch art cards
- 1 Bamboo hook, size K
- 1 spare K hook, plastic
- Hairpin lace loom
- Some gift bags
And today, as I head off to a neuro to address my migraine situation, I'll have in my tote the freeform crochet thing I've been working in the round, off and on for several months. Last night at the weekly meeting of local knitters and crocheters, I dramatically ripped out one half a row of broomstick lace I was attempting to incorporate into this round item, which I hope it will evolve into a lacy sampler stitch table cloth for myself.
Flexible rubber tubing notwithstanding, it was a great idea, however, sucktastic in execution. So I ripped it down one row, and I'm just putting in a row of trebles as a foundation, and the row after that I plan on farting around and see how well an acacia stitch will look in the round. At least I've got this (and a bunch of other crap) in my bag to keep me occupied should the neuro keep me waiting. I'll be there early in the hopes of avoiding running late, as our office is running a bit light with folks, leaving one person in the office (who should be leaving by 5).

1 comment:
*gasp* A Jaunt to Jersey, without me?! :*(
;D
I probably wouldn't have been feeling up for it, anyway. I've been doing a lot better lately, though.
Glad you got in some good retail therapy! And packages are so much fun.
Hope to see you soon. My work day schedule's been changed to 10-6 instead of 9-5; maybe we can do coffee or dinner after work sometime? :) I'll be in touch via e-mail.
Post a Comment