After a month of near-inactivity regarding my hooks, inspiration took root, and not a moment too soon, as my friend, who was due the first week of September, had an emergency C-section this past weekend. I hope to get the remainder of the layette set finished this weekend. The remainder being: A bib with a tapestry monogram, a pair of store bought infant socks gussied up with the same lacework on the armholes, and a bonnet. And if I'm so inclined, if my fingers don't totally fail me, perhaps a matching pair of panties/bloomers.
The bib might be done in a darker taupe, with the aqua as the initial, and lighter taupe lace work. And if I can find aqua infant socks, I'll get them and doctor them with blanket stitch, and lacework. Should be simple enough.
Between this, and planning a "Naughty Knitting" event for my local knitting group, this has been the only fiber related inspiration I've experienced since starting my migraine medication.


3 comments:
Such wonderful colors - lovely work!
Are you on Imitrex? That's my only saving grace, but whee doggies is it expensive!
Nope, but it rhymes with DOPE-amax.
Post a Comment