Sunday, September 30, 2007

Oy To The World: Christmas & Other Projects

Alright.

Okay.

You're going to sense a "Very Granny" Theme for some if not most of my holiday gifts thus far!

Onwards and upwards... here are some pics of what I've been working on:)

This is to be pressed and packed and sent out to its recipient in tomorrow's mail:

What I referred to as the "never-ending baby blanket" as all that chainwork & scalloping took far longer than I anticipated, but well worth it, IMHO...
[Measurements: 3'x3', acrylic]

Which matches the dress I made for the little recipient:

[No pattern; Free hand; Done in cotton.]


Then some Christmas stuff for my niece (not to be confused with my friend's daughter above)...

Dolly Blanket
Mixed Medium: Acrylics & wool
Measurement: 20"x 20"

Dolly Vest
Mixed Medium: Acrylic & Wool
Measurement: 5" x 6"


Scarf #1
Medium: Wool Tweed
Measurement: 5'+

Start of Christmas gift to mom: Vest or shawl
Mix of traditional grannies plus flower loomed grannies
Medium: Acrylic
Measurement: Undetermined at this point
ETA: 12/28/10 These looped squares are still
languishing in my stash.

Start of Christmas Gift to Dad: Granny 'Ghan
15 Grannies (Lost the 16th!!! Drat!)
Measurement: Undetermined at this point; however will
hopefully be big enough to fit a twin bed.
ETA: 12/28/10 Never finished this afghan
before dad passed away in 2008.
Squares since donated to charity.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I can see the makings of a FOX special--"When granny squares attack!"

What size doll is the vest for? I need to make some more clothes for my Blythe dollies.

Ooh...the word verification is hckucd, which could be the sound made when being attacked by granny squares (all that yarn gets caught in the throat).