In addition to working on a minimum of
In addition to hopefully working on something nice for my personal mission of holiday care packages for the women's shelter (I include toiletries and one hand crafted item);
I have already started to conceptualize my holiday crafting list:
- Doll clothes: hats, dolly blanket, hats for one niece who specifically put in an order for them--dolly blanket will be finished today. I made use of some left over grannies from last year's purse making frenzy when the in-laws were here;
- Something amirigirumi for the other niece;
- A an afghan for my dad (the granny squares, all 16 of them I knocked out while in San Diego, as they made a great piecemeal project for the plane--they just need to be stitched together and have a border put on;
- Vest or some type of shawl for my mom;
- Small gifty things like tissue holders for ladies' purses etc.

2 comments:
I knit seven freaking ponchos for the ungrateful lot I call my female relatives. None of them, save my mother, appreciated it, or have been caught wearing them. Bitches! Therefore, this year, no Christmas knitting will be done for anyone but me and my dad. Maybe my nephew, Zeke, and niece, Léa. But that's it, I swear.
My hubs says that I didn't do the knitting for them, that I did it for me, and that that kind of thing usually backfires. He's probably right; he usually is.
Usually when I say "this year, I won't make anything for anyone," I usually buckle, because I end up crocheting something nice, and end up needing a "last minute gift," and well...
Post a Comment