Sunday, October 28, 2007

Under The Weather...

Why is it, when I stay home from work sick, I pick up a hook? I know it relaxes me... but I should be asleep. Instead I worked on these things all weekend... and I still feel out of sorts and here it is 7:32 p.m., Sunday night, and the dread of Monday morning is already being realized...

Found a great pattern for these Mary Jane styled booties over at Knotty Generation. I'm no good at following patterns, so it's a real opportunity for me to "zone out" everything and pay attention to the words and my hands. These are small enough for a newborn, so into the bag of doll clothes they go for my niece's Xmas gift bag of doll clothes she demanded. I'm also making a larger pair for her to wear, too. The pattern was easy, and easy enough to play around with increases to make larger, too.

Here's the progression of dad's granny square afghan. Obviously I need to make some corrections on it, and it's not a complete "round" with the most current round of trebles, but had the camera out and figured I'd snap a shot of it thus far. I have no real pattern in mind, but will neaten up the sides, perhaps an increase of 2 and perhaps put quads instead of trebles where it dips in slightly, so that the next round will then be flush and square. I'm really enjoying working on this sucker.

And this? It's a huge ass doodle. Not sure what it will be eventually but I post progress pictures every once in a while to let it know I haven't forgotten about it. That last row of doubles, I might remove, as it's turning into more of a ruffle, and if this is to be used as a table topper, the ruffle won't be conducive to that. So I'll rip it out. And I'll do a maniacal scream when I do... much like I did when I ripped out the broomstick lace attempt I was doing with flexible tubing... broomstick lace doesn't lend itself well to circular projects, IMHO.

Do I feel better? Not so much, but I feel a bit more empowered now that I've tried that pattern for the booties! Perhaps a cloche and scarf is in order in the same yarn as the booties, for both dollie and my niece.

More photos to come!

No comments: