This is something I worked on and off yesterday while in NYC. I'm calling it a hyperbolic corsage, as the one big bloom is done in a hyperbolic crochet style (I'm guessing this is a big carnation or dahlia), and I did three smaller what I'll refer to as violetas. I did them all as part of a daisy chain and then just took off from there.My new Addi hook made it very speedy, and surprisingly comfortable to work with. All done in Lambs Pride bulky, 85% wool, 15% mohair. I just loved the colors and the feel when I bought the skeins this weekend at Mystic River Yarns, and didn't know what I wanted to make with them. I bought it for MY tactile enjoyment.
The remainder of the yarn, I'm fiddling with making a simple cloche, and the corsage will be pinned on it when I'm done. Don't know if it'll be a gift or I'll keep it for myself. It's incredibly soft. I can only imagine the dimensional changes if I were to felt the corsage. Kinda like fiber arts shrinky dinks.
I couldn't catalog this newly procured yarn into my stash on Ravelry fast enough before it let it be known what it wanted to become. I still need to snap a pic of the other yarn I bought that day and put it in my stash--although it is earmarked for a pair of slippers (perhaps for me).

No comments:
Post a Comment