Monday, December 31, 2007

A Giftie & Parcels!

This weekend, I went out w/a fiber-addicted galpal,
who gifted me this hank of yumminess:
She "HAD" to get it for me...
the name of this yarn?
"Maven" by Noelle's Noodles!
And there's AMPLE of it,
so I have to really find the perfect project for it!

I arrived to work today, and what should await me?
My hooks from Jimbo!

Hysterically inappropriate sidenote: The security guy
who handles the mail was curious about what was in the box--
he joked that he thought I had a dildo mailed to me...
AT WORK?!?! :)
He's lucky I'm a good sport!

What we have here is one "Chop Hook" fashioned
out of a bamboo chopstick and a "Jimbo Hook"
fashioned out of applewood from a tree on his ranch:)

I wasted no time, the hook wanted to be used,
so at my desk here, I was fiddling with some cotton yarn,
and this might end up another of those bracelet bags
inspired by a pattern I found over at Knotty Generation!
Seems fitting, as Jimbo is also a fan of Pam Gillette!

Stay tuned! I promised Jimbo I'd make something
with the "Chop Hook" to sell & donate the money towards
raising money for Friedreich's Ataxia!

I've been remiss in sharing these photos!
I got a parcel of goodies from my friend Rengin from Turkey:)

She sent me an assortment of Turkish lace--
my most-recent curiosity!


A close-up of the motif Rengin's mom
used in her table cloth.
I fell in love with the motif, and Rengin's mom
was so kind as to send me a few of the motifs
and info on how to join them:)


And here we have a bookmark done in Oya needlework,
a crocheted oya, and a hat she crocheted (which she normally
uses for her Crazy Quilt embellishments:)

No comments: