
This started off as a "Dick Cozy."
Getcher minds out of the gutter--I was intending on
making a "cozy" or a little bag for a can of
Spotted Dick
... yet the yarn and the hook had other things in mind.What was supposed to be a nice gift bag for the Spotted Dick,
to be included in a Scottish/British food gift basket for
my dad for the holidays, turned out to be
a lovely little handbag.
Pattern: A variation of this Spider Web motif.
[However, I don't have the book from which I used my pattern--
but it's worked the same as the linked spider web motif.]
Yarn: Red Heart Acrylic
Hook Size: "I"
Size: Base of bag measures 8" in diameter; Height: 6.5"

2 comments:
It's cute! However, I am curious as to what the heck "Spotted Dick" is?
It's a steamed British sponge cake with a little fruit like currants in it.
Post a Comment