Thursday, February 07, 2008

Home Sick

Woke yesterday with a hellacious, and I DO mean hellacious, headache. One that slowly morphed into a migraine later on in the day; however, I did force myself to go to work.

The kind of headache that started at the base of my neck where it attaches to my shoulder area. I could tell you where it started, C4-5 if you're into spinal jargon.

So I muddled through work, and I managed 'okay.'

I then decided to go to church as it was Ash Wednesday, and because on a mystical level I have received a sense of being "called back." Yet still wondering if it's a good theological fit.

Ash-annointed, I went to the LazyBoy for an Episcopalian Meet Up to meet with a Freecycler who was giving me some "knit stuff," and for me to sit in on their discussion.

And then it hit.

HARD.

They had live music there, and for me, the guitarist might as well have been strumming on my retina, as each time the guitar blared, my right eye instinctively closed in agonizing pain. I thought I'd vomit right there.

So I bid my premature adieu, and paid for my ice tea and headed to my car, where I sat for ten minutes sobbing in agony. Calling my husband to see if he'd get a cab to pick me up and drive our car home... THAT KIND OF AGONY.

So here I am at home, about to go back for a nap after some sips of Darjeeling and listening to my borborygmi, wondering if I'm in for a bumpy ride today.

3 comments:

Lara Croft said...

Oooh I get those kind of headaches too. Like a 9" nail driven through your eye and out through the back of your neck. You'll be OK tomorrow! Take care! NB what is a borymbiwhatever? An instrument?

Unknown said...

I had that today. Out of the blue. It will get better.

Cora

Anonymous said...

PS: Borborygmi is the noise your stomach and insides make as gas moves through your insides...