I know I haven't been too "posty-post" lately. Been a bit indifferent and flakey, and just in a hibernation mode--been so since the first week of February.
I had occasion to dig out a trunk of old stuff of mine, in it I rediscovered a doll blanket my great-grandmother made for me using a Weavette loom, as well as a needlepoint sampler by what I can only surmise is HER grandmother (my great-great-great-grandmother), as the date on it is 1857 (my great grandmother was born 1890 or 1891, just as a frame of reference). Eventually I'll get this matted and framed. Also, found a hanky I had in my cleavage on my first wedding day, with a tatted and crocheted lace edging, with little bells and tiny tiny glass beads.
I wish my great grandmother, her sister, and my mom's aunt were alive. I'd give anything to sit with them and hook and chat them up about their preferred crafts.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I just bought a 4" weavette and luckily tracked down a 2" one and bought a book with patterns specifically for these little looms off of someone on Ravelry-yes, a small fortune was spent, but they looked so neat! I would love to see the picture of the Weavette blanket.
Post a Comment