For thos so inclined, please pray for my dad, "E."
He had open heart surgery 3 weeks ago, and it's been one set back after another for him. He now seems "out of it," and not sure if he'll pull through. There's been discussion about shutting off the ventilator, not because he's progressed. "DNR" has been discussed. A family meeting will be held sometime soon to discuss all of this.
Thanks to everyone who continues to pop in on this, temporarily-neglected blog. I have been crocheting. It's been what's been keeping me sane.
Thanks to all for your good thoughts. Please keep dad in your thoughts and prayers, for a robust recovery, or a pain free transition. Either would be appreciated, both by dad, as well as his loved ones.
And on top of all this, I'm grapling with rage and the knowledge that if he is on the fast track for "transitioning," that God is taking the wrong one. Dad wants to live, and always had held onto the belief that life and people are good.
Thursday, October 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
So sorry. I know from personal experience how much that sucks. I'll be thinking of you and your father.
Your dad is in my prayers. Here's hoping the plan works out right.
Hey babe, I am keeping you in my prayers. Every stitch = a prayer.
xoxo
Regina
Just found this postbut have put your name on my prayer list anyway. Dave's Mom went into hospital and passed away in less than three weeks in Nov. We're still kinda stunned. Keep throwing it all up to God, don't try to understand, just throw it all up to Him. In Christian love and concern, Sandra
Post a Comment