Today was fiddling around with thread crochet, trying to work out a penguin motif. Might try it with worsted, and create a cute scarf once I'm confident I've got it down. Might actually remember to write down the pattern.
Who knows!
Debating participating in an entrelac KAL/CAL. Not sure if I'll bite off more than I can chew, as my attention span these days borders on "gnat-like."
I'm boxing up some yarn and such to donate to Interim House, and some books for Housing Works. I don't much care about the tax advantage--I don't donate ALL THAT MUCH, but it's great to get rid of perfectly servicable stuff so others can make good use of it all.
Got a package from a friend in Australia this week. In it, among everything else, was a Kanagroo Scrotum (clearly indicated as "genuine"). I think I'm going to keep my dpns and other small items in it.
Wish dad were here so I could tell him about it. He'd no doubt get a good chuckle out of it.
The 16th will be 12 weeks since he passed; the 24th will be the third full calendar month.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Can I venture a guess that the kangaroo scrotum came from an LSGer? If they're not, they should be!
I'm sorry you're still hurting so much. I hope you've got people you can lean on.
Will there be a picture of said scrotum?
Missing them never goes away but the good memories will help heal some of the pain.
Julia: Yes, indeed! It came from an LSGer! :) I'm taking the fact that I'm still grieving so much as a sign that my father was a good father, a good man, and one I am still not ready to say good bye to.
Teabird: Yes. Eventually. Perhaps the next post!
Lupie: I am in the phase of reliving every memory I can as I drift off to sleep. And I take comfort in those nights when my father visits me in my dreams.
Post a Comment