Monday, April 06, 2009

Random Acts of Kindness

Swaps and RAKs are great, aren't they? Almost affirming in the sense that there IS good in the world.

This a.m., while at the deli waiting for my meal, a regular approached me. I've referred to him as "Walkin' Stick Man" directly to him, making reference to the beautiful walking stick he's known for.

It's easy to like this man. Always a peaceful, friendly countenance on his face, and just overall a friendly guy. When we see each other, we give each other cheerful smiles and how-do-you-dos.

This a.m., just a bit more. We breached anonymity. Gasp. Introductions were made. He asked where I worked or what I did, and when I told him which state agency I worked for, he seemed truly impressed. "Trust me, it sounds more glamorous or in-the-know than it is." And then I was the one who was truly impressed when he told me he "does energy work." Somehow I doubt if that's a put on. How truly wonderful it must be working and channeling energy and affecting positivity and change in someone else. ::sigh:: Makes what I do, in comparison, all the more pointless.

Everyday should start with a virtual stranger telling me, "I love seeing you in green," then standing up on their tippy toes to check out my eyes, "they're blue." Everyday should start with a dose of Sidney.

No comments: