Monday, May 25, 2009

The "Mother Load," aka "All The Shit That's Fit To Photograph": Part Five

The newest additions to my photo essay/photoblogging the status or goings-on of my organization of my craft room...

First up, a scarf I did, no pattern, but done up in Acacia Stitch and done in some no-name acrylic.

I started to get too fancy with the fringe and tried doing some type of macrame. I might go back and pick it out and just leave the fringe "simple."

ETA: 12/29/10 This scarf was given to my friend, Yarnsandmusings.

Next item up is an afghan I was working on for my father. I only got about four panes' worth done before I got bored with it. Sadly, with dad's passing in October 2008, I have no further gumption to finish this, nor frog it, and have offered it up as a de-stash offer on a group on Ravelry. I'm hoping someone will take this off my hands, as looking at it just brings me feelings of regret, and sadness.

2 comments:

Zel, The Grimm Witch said...

Sorry to hear about the reminder you found in the part finished blanket. I still haven't frogged the shawl i was making for my mom in law since she passed last May. I wish she'd stuck around a bit longer. She's missing so much.:( The colors of both pieces are nice:)

Maven said...

Oh it's not the last reminder; though the last reminder isn't in my den. It's in my bedroom: I have a small amount of dad's remains inside a velvet pouch and that is inside a crocheted bag I made as part of his last Christmas gift. I've been debating photographing it.