Sunday, August 16, 2009

WIPs

I had to laugh a bit, as the husband is doing his best Felix Unger-bit and is on a frenzy to clean the house from the cupboards outward. He informed me, *ahem*!, that I have too many unfinished projects.

IMAGINE THAT!

Funny thing is, none of the following were included in his laundry list of WIPs that he could see:

These crocheted MetroCards are part of an upcycle project.
At the moment, I'm just "granny-ing" around them
and joining in panels of four. It hasn't told me yet
what it ultimately wants to be.
Perhaps a cute tote for when I shop in NYC?

Here's yet another loop-thru handle bag I've made
where I tinkered with a crocheted star stitch.
Perhaps an RAK for someone?

And lastly (in this bunch) some fancy
washcloths and a fingertip towel all done
in cotton, worked in, you guessed it:
Star stitch!

I also worked on a small little bowl for myself in the star stitch,
and I am working on a cloche in the stitch, too.
All freehand.
Trying to figure out how or why I love freehand/freeform so much,
and I guess one reason is I can totally immerse myself
into it, and figure out for myself "what comes next"
in the design and function of the item.




6 comments:

Zel, The Grimm Witch said...

The metro card thing, whatever it may become, is so original! How did you ever think of that? It's great!

cynalune said...

Freeform/freehand is very liberating when you're in the right mood. But I find it very intimidating, too, because I fear improvisation; so it's kind of therapeutic, in a way.it pushes my boundaries.
Have you seen the book Creative Crochet Lace: A Freeform Look at Classic Crochet? It's about freeform lace and it's gorgeous! if a bit classical.

Love the star stitch. If I were courageous, I'd make me a grey coat with it, with embroidered vines and flowers in natural colors. As a matter of fact, the coat is a project, but I still don't know if it's gonna be knitted or crocheted...

the metro card idea is very exciting and original! It would make a great tote indeed. or a little pochette, if you don't have many cards.

Your projects are great :)

Maven said...

Zellie: I don't know how I thought of it. It just came to me.

Cyna: Merci beaucoup for the name of that book! I'm going to Amazon to see if they have it in stock!

Alison Friday said...

Star stitch,cool not seen that before.

Fran said...

I love the Metro card project! I can't wait to see what you turn it into.

Unknown said...

Love the clutch purse! Too cute!