Monday, October 19, 2009

NYS&W 2009

I did not go to this year's NY Sheep & Wool to go crazy with purchases. I went primarily as a "socializing vehicle," to see friends from other states I haven't had a chance to meet, and to schmooze it up with IRL friends, too. Here's a pic I totally ganked from the blog of ZantiMissKnit (I had no camera on me; I forgot my camera and my notes of which vendors and demos I wanted to see, at home):

I love love love the nearly-Charlies-Angels type pose Jellycrys was sportin'!

I did manage to purchase three items:

Smoked Venison Sausage (No picture; I EEEEEATED IT!)
"Bonne Bouche," hand-made, ash-ripened goat cheese
And a 4 oz skein/485 yards of hand-dyed fingering sock yarn (in the "Rainbow" colorway) by Steam Valley Fiber (Picture of yarn to be posted tomorrow--camera battery is charging as I type this.



Me and my friend RogueKnits are like "Where's Waldo" in the cropped photo of the Bob Meet Up at Rhinebeck:)

Other things I bore witness to at Rhinebeck:

"Cult of the Crocs " (12-18 folks all dressed similarly: red crocs, grey sweat pants, red windbreakers);
“Ramb Lavioli”;
Some gals I could swear were FDLS (not that there's anything wrong with that; just don't be so obvious you're "poly" when you're off the compound!);
ZAMFIR!;
One too many clapotises (or would that be clapotii?);
Entirely too much entrelac;
Bag ladies wearing every thing they’ve ever knit… EVAR (Note: Check ZantiMissKnit's blog, for a picture brimming with awesomesauce);
Bacon yarn, but really the bacony-est bacon yarn wasn’t the bacon yarn;
And I got to fondle and ogle crabbycrocheter’s crocheted mobius (Mmmmm, mobius)

And will someone pls tell me WTF was up with the outrageous lines for the effing chicken pot pies?

1 comment:

Susie said...

Glad you had a great time. I did too. Damn chicken pot pie line was too long so we had lamb sammiches. They were killah.