Sunday, October 04, 2009

What's Happening Here: Part One

I couldn't resist getting this book, especially given
that I "enabled" another friend into making the same purchase!
Here is the "Classy" by Dream in Color I got a few weeks back
while out w/RosiG, when we went to
Katonah Yarn Co. I couldn't wait, and started
working on a Tunisian short row pinwheel, thinking I'd
freeform a beret around it. Haven't worked on it since the day
I bought the yarn. Thought I'd make it for Rhinebeck;
I'll have to do something
else, quicker, instead.
Here's the loom I bought from CraftSanity.
She tweeted about it, and I went to her Etsy shop and
snapped it up.
Picture is out of sequence; however, this is a
scarf crocheted on the bias. No pattern available,
just working it in sequence.
This is worked in the yarn I bought at
this weekend's Smiley's box/trunk sale here
in Westchester.
Why buy one when two will do?
I bought two packages (10 balls each)
of Gedifra "Momentum."
I couldn't wait to get home and start
swatching, and the scarf above
is the resultant "swatch."
By the time I'm done with
the second ball, I think I'll have a
nice scarf for Rhinebeck!
MORE PICTURES AND STUFF TO COME!
Gotta pace myself, yanno?

2 comments:

Deneen said...

I bought a few Weavettes, 4" X 4" and 2"x2" and haven't used em, but plan to. I also found a vintage small loom at a yard sale. The http://eloomanator.eloomanation.com/ has some neat patterns and info on her site.

Lucky you and Smiley's!

Fran said...

The book looks good! I love your crocheted scarf - the colour is fabulous!