Yet another pleasurable yarn crawl has concluded:) Spent the day in NYC with a dear friend.
In between an appt at 9 with one doctor and an appt at 5:30 with another, I had planned a great day in NYC for my friend who was in NYC just for the day, who was visiting NYC from IN by way of Philly. Good times!
It was a modified crawl due to time constraints and interest in doing other things in addition to a little yarn shopping.

Habu was in yesterday's itinerary, and as always, it did not disappoint. Where else can you go in the city for workable "yarn" made of kuzu, paper, or even stainless steel? It's always a unique store to visit!

Then we headed down to Chinatown for a great dimsum place which came highly recommended from a friend, and DID. NOT. DISAPPOINT. Luscious, wonderful food, great service, nice atmosphere. Amazing actually:)

Then off to Ferrara's for coffee and sweets, and then a quick trip to Purl for more yarn shopping, ogleing, and fiber fondling:)

The crawl concluded with a trip up to Columbus Circle, where I dropped my friend off at the Museum of Arts and Design, and I highly recommended checking to see if they have the exhibit book for the Radical Lace exhibit they had a few years back. I can't wait to see what inspiration hits, and how he's going to use that lovely stainless steel yarn he bought!
Wonderful day!
Next crawl: TOMORROW!
No comments:
Post a Comment