Monday, February 21, 2011

At Least It's Not Entrelac... AGAIN!



I took the idea of the mesh from yesterday's tinker,
used trebles instead of doubles, and then worked
the blooms in the same sequence as the "scales"
of the crocodile scale stitch I was toying with
the other day.

I like the effect. The blooms remind me of
jasmine flowers.
The bag will be lined with a silky fabric
in the same tone as the green mesh
(if I can find it), and possibly
the lily will be gilded with a
bit of ivory satin ribbon
in the form of a bow.

For a friend's wedding in July.
I hope she sees this, and
I hope she likes what she
sees thus far.

2 comments:

Miss Julep said...

Perfect flowery purse for a wedding!! LOVE how it hangs on your wrist leaving your hands free for toasting:)

ZantiMissKnit said...

that is so pretty!!