Here is what I've accomplished thus far of my very first
crocheted sock.
Pattern: Shirley's Socks by Bonnie Paul
Yarn: Zitron Trekking XXL
crocheted sock.
Pattern: Shirley's Socks by Bonnie Paul
Yarn: Zitron Trekking XXL
Thanks to Kim for helping me comprehendthe terminology for the lace pattern!
So glad we were able to meet up, "talk shop,"
have lunch, shop shop shop! :)
If you're in the NYC area and need help
with a pattern or want to learn a technique,
please contact her.
Kim explained things to me very clearly,
has an education in historical techniques
and textiles, and is a lovely person
with whom to spend a few hours!
Which reminds me... I need to
schedule more time!
I got to the heel flap, which
I *think* I did correctly, and
just can't comprehend how to
proceed.
Here are two books I purchased at Kinokuniya!
The one on the left I went there prepared
to purchase. It's on Irish Lace motifs.
The one on the right is devoted to Oya,
aka Turkish Lace, which is the (sometimes) beaded
edgings applied or crocheted directly upon
the traditional Turkish headscarf.
It's not so much a "technique" as much as an overall
aesthetic, which can be achieved thru different
means: crochet, tatting, and needle lace work.
At the moment, I am interested in duplicating
some of the crocheted motifs.
Both books are in Japanese.
No, I don't read Japanese,
but the photos are great, and I'm hopeful
that I'll find these books immensely helpful:)
MORE EDITS TO COME AFTER LUNCH!!!

The one on the left I went there prepared
to purchase. It's on Irish Lace motifs.
The one on the right is devoted to Oya,
aka Turkish Lace, which is the (sometimes) beaded
edgings applied or crocheted directly upon
the traditional Turkish headscarf.
It's not so much a "technique" as much as an overall
aesthetic, which can be achieved thru different
means: crochet, tatting, and needle lace work.
At the moment, I am interested in duplicating
some of the crocheted motifs.
Both books are in Japanese.
No, I don't read Japanese,
but the photos are great, and I'm hopeful
that I'll find these books immensely helpful:)
MORE EDITS TO COME AFTER LUNCH!!!

4 comments:
Ooooo, your sock, I LOVE it!Interesting looking book. Intriguing last photo...what are you up to there?
Thanks for stopping by! XOXOX Will be updating this post with links and details when I get home later. I can't wait to share! :)
Those japanese crochet books look so awesome. I do have an amigurumi book in japanese that I haven't dared to try, but someday soon I will! The sock looks good, any progress?
JD: Yep. Progress on socks. Have another post I need to compose and snap some pix!
Post a Comment