Friday, June 17, 2011

What's Hookin', Good Lookin'?

So, I'm tinkering with the Clapochet,
the crocheted counterpoint to the knit Clapotis.
So far so good. *I THINK!*
I think for the next Clapochet (or item I make using
this on-the-bias type pattern), I'll put about two
more chains to start to avoid that bunchy-pucker
thing to the left of that photo.
And yet, I'm lazy.
I refuse to frog it once I saw the pattern repeating.
I got giddy.
Here's some yarn I bought on the fly, thinking I'd
attend last night's knit night, and thinking I'd
tinker with the pattern with this yarn.
It's too "catchy" and doesn't frog well.
But the colors. Love it.
NORO-ESQUE!

Here's the ill-fated bag I was constructing for a friend's wedding.
Sadly, due to time-cost restraints, it's now too late
to send to Canada. I feel like a dolt.
But in my defense, I have had a lot on my plate
the last six months between surgery, recovering
from surgery, work, travel, and recovering from travel,
time just slipped away from me.
I only hope my apology is enough.

2 comments:

Miss Julep said...

Another on my to do list...why do I have clapotis/clapochet mental block?? Looking nice in the creamy pink and will be a good spring/summer wrap perhaps.

Your friend should definitely understand about the (adorable) bag:)Send it to her for Christmas...if you post it now perhaps it will get there by then. Why does it take so long to get or send posts to our bordering neighbor? Sometimes i feel as though you could walk it up to them faster.

Maven said...

To my knowledge, right now Canada is in the midst of some sort of postal strike.

I was thinking of sending it via UPS or Fedex; however, it's really not cost-effective to spend nearly $50 shipping an item with a declared value of $1 (how the hell do I price an item I make myself for the customs forms?).

Also worth noting, that even if I did send via courier, once it crosses into Canada, it would be handled by their postal service, if by chance, the area she resides in is not normally serviced by courier.