Sunday, July 10, 2011

Wave 1: The Big Purge

The fruit of my labors...
Been destashing, dejunking, etc the last few days
in preparation for a furniture delivery.

What's listed above:
4 Bags of clothing for clothing donation drop box;
1 Bag of "stuff" for Good Will;
6 Bags of parcels to be mailed out.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.
I think I overdid it, was over-zealous
in getting as much stuff done,
lugged, tugged, tagged and bagged...
I have to remember I might still
be healing from my surgery.

2011 is going to be the year I get
my house, my body, my mind
and my energy in order, focused
and hopefully on the path to
something resembling happy.

2 comments:

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

Congrats! Decluttering is just about my favorite thing to do. And I LERVE buying organizing thingamajiggies. I'm not the neatest person, but I like to be able to pick up my house and have everything in a designated spot.

Deneen said...

I think it's great and wish I had the time and energy to get it all done and do the same, although I have 5 bags of clothing going to Goodwill, so I guess it's a start.