Just a reminder for myself, that if I find myself with a cache of things I want to destash, I'm just going to donate them to Good Will or Interim House, and not do the round robin type destashing "re-homing" of items, finding new homes for stuff I haven't used yet.
I try to be environmental. I try to be "nice." But to be honest, I'm a bit on the spent side, and as of late, I feel a bit on the exploited side.
Not calling out anyone in particular, and certainly not attempting to toot my own horn, but if someone, ANYONE, sends you something you don't expect, an RAK, essentially a GIFT... the gift you give in return is a thank you. I'm not talking about writing someone a sonnet using a quill from a dodo bird using ink made of the blood of unicorns, hand inscribed by Franciscan monks on 2000 year old papyrus, a timely thank you is acknowledgment enough.
Yes. It does merit asking, if some folks are merely "friends" with me because of what (material shit) they can get out of me, rather than what they can give in return (friendship, socializing, etc). There are just some folks who seem to come out of the woodwork when the "gettin's good." So whatever GOOD feeling I may have had at helping someone out, or doing something special, ends up going out the window when I'm left with that over-riding sensation like I was just mugged, emotionally.
Takes all types, I know. I'm at the stage of my life where the quality of my friends means more to me than QUANTITY. My mom's accused me of being smug, but to be blunt, there is a point where I can acknowledge when something isn't working, either in general, or for me personally. I deal with depression. Sending out gifties or RAKs etc boosts my dopamine, and makes me feel less depressed. So if sending out stuff doesn't make me happy, then why do it, because to do so would be engaging in an act of masochism, and that's not "where I'm at."
Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a sweater to hook up (for myself).
/end grouse
Sunday, October 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
In case I forgot about the citric acid, thank you! You're right, a thank you is the least you should expect.
Thanks for the reply! You'd be surprised at what some folks thinks constitutes an acknowledgement or what folks think about thank yous.
Post a Comment