I have one shawl in progress, and had to stop because I just couldn't decide on an edging. I wanted something to simulate or imitate Turkish oya, and couldn't seem to get the mechanics of it figured out. I frogged the edging, and started hooking an entirely different shawl in the meantime.
I hooked up another Flying Diamonds (really a fabulous pattern for someone new to crocheting shawls), and to it, I'm adding half motifs of Ezekiel's Wheel as edging. Big, exaggerated lacy edging, to go with crocheting a shawl with worsted weight and a J hook. I think it works, what do you think?
Three more hours worth of dedicated work on the edging and it should be complete, and then I'll steam and block it, and get back to Hediye and put the same edging on it.
Friday, November 08, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment