I had started out doing Kim Guzman's Cape Sleeve Cardi, and then had that "Aw shit!" kind of feeling that I didn't do my foundation chain long enough, so I frogged it back, and started again. And when I started it again, I got about four rows into it and decided to attempt to do an entrelac yoke for this sweater. And now, I'm just not sure if it's working or not. But I"m going to power thru, and a lot of what I might sense is "wonky-ness" might actually work itself out during the finishing stage, or possibly, to quote a shirt my friend Lisa wears, "That shit will block right out." Let's hope.
Anyway here are some progress photos of the yoke in question.
Earlier progress photo...
As it looks right about now...
And the backside. I love showing the backsides of my work,
so you can get a good idea of how "clean" I work. No ends
to weave in at the end of the project; however,
when I do decide to frog something, it's almost
an effing nightmare. But I honestly cannot
work any other way. I weave in as I go,
because more often than not, I save a
lot of time and energy in the finishing stages of a project.
So, I also had been having a bit of nostalgia for my nana,
my dad's grandmother.
She used to make these nice doll blankets and afghans for
everyone with remnants of yarn from slipper projects,
etc. And I know Buxton used to make these
little Weavette looms. For years, I've been
on the look out for one, and never seemed
to pick one up, and now I can't find them.
For months, I had been waiting for the Zoom Loom
which was on back order for the longest time.
At long last it finally arrived, and I guess there is
more to the process than I thought.
Here's an example of my first two tries.
After my second try, I just put the loom back down
and figured I'd try it out another day.
Now that I have it, I can deal with it on my own terms.
I've been too depressed and exhausted and uninspired
not only to NOT crochet or NOT weave, but also,
sadly, I've lost "steam" and momentum regarding
my home decor overhaul project I started
December 30th, which was to be a huge
change of scenery for my household for
2014. Sadly, it's a huge undertaking, and
as I'm the one instigating this rather than the
husband, I am pretty much on my own regarding
affecting those changes myself.
Given exhaustion, depression, and active pain
issues, it's a challenge to stay motivated.
It is my hope to get it all done before
spring thaw.
The bottom picture shows you the progression.
So essentially my living room and dining room are
the goldenrod; my kitchen is a Cinnabar type
reddish spice color; the hall way leading to
the bedrooms is a khaki... everything will be
transitioned out to either the deep mosaic blue,
or as in the dining/kitchen area, a lighter hue.
Eventually crown moldings to be done up,
moldings around the entrance to dining room,
closets, etc, all to be done in a crisp white.
It's a lot of work. The green fabric in pic #2 w/the
lotus? That will be some of the patio panels (I'll try
to salvage the brownish panels (there are 2 brown and
2 red on the patio door currently), and use them as
templates for the new fabric.
To be honest, I'm exhausted just thinking about it all.
And today, I'm starting a new pain med, and all I want
to do is just go to bed when I get home tonight,
rather than maximize the fact the husband is
out on business until tomorrow--which would surprise
him immensely to have more paint on the walls, and
see more progress. I just don't know if I have it in me.
Stay tuned.









1 comment:
The cardi looks wonderful so far!
Post a Comment