Friday, January 29, 2016

Wow!

Technically I can still say this, can't I? HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I can't believe it's been THIS long without an update! December and January pretty much saw fit that I could not crochet, thanks to the RSI from August until oh... about now! 

So much other stuff going on in my life, I've neglected to detail how much my friend Andee helped salvage the souvenir yarn I got while in Estonia (which I started to hook up into a shawl which was not working out as I hoped)!  What a joy it is to have friends with similar interests, who are able to lend a hand and expertise!

Also, I'm not sure if I indicated sooner, but my Shaeffer yarn finally made its way home. Beyond that statement (and I'm sure I blogged about it at length previously), that's all I'm going to say about THAT.

I have been able to resume crocheting, but I'm not completely out of the woods re: the RSI stuff. And I envision requiring more PT just for maintenance. But, when I finally do pick up my hook, I have to set a timer and not crochet for too long, and I have to wear braces on my elbows (like for tennis elbow) to minimize re-injury.  My physical therapist and my chiropractor truly have been nothing short of miracle workers.

It's been a while since I've had a "Sit and Knit" with my friends, or going to a yarn shop (though to be honest, I do not need one more strand of yarn, NOT FOR A LONG WHILE!). 

And in other news, a friend of mine came to visit a few weeks back and helped to demystify my sewing machine for me. I'm really intimidated by it. And she showed me the basics of loading the bobbin, threading the machine, and VOILA. There you go. Yesterday I bought about 3 more spools of yarn and 8 more bobbins and I plan on loading up the bobbins and eventually progress to pressing and pinning the side hems of the patio panels and perhaps by spring thaw I should have them hanging proudly in my living room. And while I do have nice pre-made valances for them, it's entirely plausible that I could crochet up something nice to use as a valance instead. Stick a pin in that, and let's see if I revisit that idea! 


No comments: