Thursday, March 14, 2024

Creative But Not Fiber Related

 In the absence of any fiber related creativity, I present two projects. 

The first photo is the first of what I hope will be several papier mâché Easter eggs. It is looking pretty rough but in time it will take shape and become a lovely gift for my cousin and perhaps a second one for a friend. 

The second photo is another workplace distraction. These days I have become fond of selecting the perfect pineapple, as I have been craving it a lot these days. And rather than pitch the crowns, I have decided to start planting them. 

The second photo is the one I surreptitiously planted in my co-worker’s office in a planter of a now dead plant, which died during one of the many office closures in the early days of COVID. I planted it as something fun to do, to brighten up my friend’s office, and as a mea culpa because despite my best efforts, the original plant died.

I planted it on Friday, and when I came to the office on Wednesday to put a Spongebob figurine in the pot, my friend laughed and said, “Oh it was YOU!” Turns out it took him until Tuesday before he even realized there was a new plant in the planter (the planter is literally dead ahead in view when you enter his office!). 

I said to him in about two years, with any luck he will have a pineapple, and with any luck, I will be out of the office (at a new job) long before then. We joked about the legacy pineapple & he assured me, when the pineapple finally appears, he’ll have a pina colada in my honor. 

I have planted one for myself, too. And I have a pineapple on my kitchen counter waiting to be dispatched, so, yet another crown to be planted. 

Just trying to create my own fun, just to get through the day. 

Meanwhile, I do have a cardi I have been struggling to finish for a friend, and some yarn I bought in Portugal in October which I want to photograph and share. All in due course!



No comments: