Thursday, March 29, 2007

Yarn Porn: Increasing the Stash & Tonight's Project

So I went to the Dollar Store today during lunch, and they had a bin of Lion Suede, a yarn I love working with (it makes my fingers happy). And though I have some at home which I intend on using for some scarves for some gift bags for the local women's shelter for next Christmas, I thought to myself the colors would be wonderful for a ripple 'ghan for myself.

In addition to some of the yarn (I plan on going back and buying $20 worth tomorrow, so I'll have ample amount for my afghan), I bought these scrubbies. An interesting choice, no? Not necessarily when you realize what the intended use/outcome of these scrubbies will be.

I saw this picture over at "I Stitch, Therefore I Am," (click the picture to bring you to the actual post!), and immediately thought how clever it was! So I bought two packs of these scrubbies, and I intend on knocking one or two out tonight, to keep my fingers limber and active, and keep my mind soothed. I just think it's so clever! So clever in fact, I am adding "I Stitch..." to my sidepanel!

2 comments:

Lex said...

Whoa! What dollar store is this that has Lion Suede? Even Wal-Mart is charging $5.67 for it! Please tell me...I want some! :)

C4G said...

OMG what a treasure find!! I love Dollar tree and second hand stores!

If ever warms up, I want to bike down to my local Goodwill for more treasure hunting. They are not as big as the one I found all that lucious lace wieght yarn over on the east side, but they have goodies too sometimes.