Monday, April 02, 2007

I Wonder What Was On The Mind of the Person Who Crocheted This

My friend Misty found this over at Etsy and thought she'd share...

Click the image to go to the Etsy page.

Should that page ever disappear (I suppose it will once it's been sold), here is the description of the item:

Description Come and play on my 369 rock hard wieners!

This bright pink bench on wheels is both fun and comfortable. It is made up of old used sweaters that people were throwing away, along with a pair of old used t-shirt sheets and several things I picked from the trash on garbage night.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I placed an ad on craigslist.org asking people to clean out their closets and donate any old wool sweaters they no longer wore. I then unraveled all the light colored sweaters and crocheted 369 wieners from the yarn.

I dyed the crocheted wieners using several different types of natural dyes that I made using madder and dried hibiscus flowers.

I tore apart an old couch that was out on the curb and removed all its stuffing. I washed the stuffing several times in the washing machine and used it to stuff each pink crocheted wiener.

I also found a "Lack" Ikea table in the trash which was missing a leg. I unscrewed the remaining three legs and used it as a base for my bench.

I made a cover for the base using an old pink t-shirt sheet that my friend had grown tired of. I then glued each pink crocheted wiener to the base using a durable fabric glue.

I removed the wheels from an old filing cabinet that I found on garbage night as well. The wheels are super smooth and make it easy to scoot and spin around the floor.

1 comment:

C4G said...

WOW...people really should not do drugs! LMFAO! Recycling is a good thing...so long as what the stuff is recycled into is actually something you would WANT to use!
"Oh what's that you go there?"
"This thing? It's a recycled butt massager called Come and plan on my 369 rock hard wieners..."
-Insert funny look here-

I suppose it could be used to clean your shoes off. I wonder how absorbent it is...HUmmm...could have other inventive applications also...*smirking*. Defenately a WTF moment there.