I started working on her last night out of boredom, using all wool, and my hand turned P hook from Turn of the Century (link on sidepanel). I'm loving the colors. Just using what's in my stash. Some Debbie Bliss is in there, some Lion Brand Landscapes, and some other fancy (the one with the oranges) I picked up from Flying Fingers during a trunk sale. This might be my travel project. It's still small enough to be portable.ETA: 12/28/10: This square is no longer portable!
Here is my ripple afghan I'm doing for the No End in Sight Ripple Along (link in sidepanel). I'm working it in dc, with my Brittany wooden M hook, using a bunch of Lion Suede I picked up at the Dollar Store of all places. Haven't decided yet if I'll keep this or give it away. The Lion Suede is a joy to work with, so soft. Great t.v. watching project, though I did work a bit on it at last weeks Knitting Under the Influence meeting... (despite it obviously being crocheted)...
ETA: 12/28/10 Ripple and related yarn given to a friend in a swap.
Here is what I'm referring to (at the moment) as my God's Eye. I haven't decided if when it's finished if it'll be a rug or a wall hanging. If it'll be a wall hanging, I plan on making an actual God's Eye w/Fimo and affix it to the center, and perhaps add some beadwork to it, too. But at the moment, it's using up stray bits of wools left over from projects, and I'm doing it up in I-cord, and whipstitching it together. I like the effect, so far.
ETA: 12/28/10 This God's Eye I-cord project is stalled.
One other project not shown: an unmentionable out of broomstick lace. I brought it to my first [Group name redacted], and flubbed my count, and I also don't like the three rows of non-broomstick lace I worked into the project, so sometime this week, I'll be frogging about four rows of work. Rather would do that than abandon it. Hopefully will pick it back up this week.
And as if all of that were not enough, I am contemplating gifts for next year, and I saw this pic on someone else's blog and saved it to my directory for a future project (so if I swiped it from your blog, don't be pissed, I love how it looks, and want to figure it out for myself). THIS is what I might play around with for next year's holiday giftage...

3 comments:
Such wonderful colors - It's going to be a tactile treat as well as visual, with all of those different yarns crocheted together -
I love that neckwarmer! Please do let me know if you figure out how to make one in crochet. I'd love to make one for myself...er, I mean, for gifts...heheh. ;)
I'm sure it isn't that difficult. Just make a short scarf in whatever stitch, do a picot eds on it, affix two buttons at an angle... that's how I'd approach a freehanded version of it:)
Post a Comment