Friday, May 18, 2007

Now for something different... Tunisian


With all those stitches "actively" on the hook, *NOW* I know why
I need an afghan/tricot/Tunisian hook, which is quite long
and has a stopper at the end.
But I'd say this is a good attempt for a "lefty," who normally has
problems "translating" patterns from words on a page
to stitches off the hook.

At 12:15 this a.m., I had insomnia (again), and thought I'd
tinker with Tunisian, as I had a cro-mag which detailed it,
and thought, "okay, 15 minutes of this and then I'll go to bed."
This swatch is after an hour of tinkering, and it left me so
stimulated (I think crochet can be peaceful when doing mindless
repetitive patterns you're already familiar with; however, I think that
it can be quite engaging, stimulating "problem solving," if you're
working on an unfamiliar stitch.

I think I'll enjoy this a lot more once I get the proper tool for this...
Speaking of which, I'm placing an order at Lacis (link on sidepanel) for
several things, a hook for Tunisian, a prodder for fabric rug hooking, to
name a few.

2 comments:

Deneen said...

I keep telling myself I want to do this-yes, I have the hooks and a book, but never do it.

Lex said...

Tunisian crochet is so lovely. Good work!

I absolutely know what you mean about crochet either being relaxing or stimulating. When I'm working on a simple, repetitive pattern (say, the placemats I'm making), I can totally "zone out" and relax. When I'm working on anything that's new to me, it's kind of stressful. Good stress, though! :)

Mike was funny yesterday...I was telling him about all the crochet stuff I've been working on, and he was like, "You'd better be able to get back to work soon so you can relax!" (Meaning my "day job," of course.) *giggle*