Thursday, June 14, 2007

Somewhere's 'Tween St. Thomas & Bermuda

Been crocheting a bit while away on my vacation. So far I've made three distinctly different washcloths in some brilliant "island-ish" colors, and started a shawl in cotton done up in an acacia stitch, ran out of yarn to finish that project. So now I'm just farting around with a spiderweb swatch.

Being this far out to sea makes me wonder what went through my dad's mind when he was in the Navy and out to sea, for much longer of a time span, as well as further out to sea than I am currently.

Perhaps when I see him the weekend of the 24th, I'll ask him to give me a tutorial on how to make the assortment of knots he had to learn when he was a sailor.

Can't download attachments, so I'll have to upload pictures once I'm back home.

No comments: