I don't know why it did not occur to me to check YouTube first... but there are some videos that include or spotlight Oya or Oyalari lace on YouTube; however, they are in TURKISH!
Needless to say, I messaged the person who uploaded those videos, and left a message to see if possible for them to subtitle the Oya videos, and also asked whether they were able to assist in finding pattern or how-to books on the topic.
I'll be sure to forward any information as it comes in:)
Here are the links to the videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoJ86lTOHLY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z74pEMDb9-U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGcqRk7-BWY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPpuMHz5C7A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lauX_fWZ-FA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaJXDimQZTs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKBUPDNfTh8
And as a result of my search today, I found a blog (again, in TURKISH) of a crafter, and she's got some Oya on her site. I've left her a comment, and I am hopeful she reads English! :)
Saturday, November 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment