She: I know you crochet, but do you also knit?It was reassuring to me to hear another person say this, as I tend to denigrate my knitting.
Me: I learned to knit before I got into crochet. The most complicated things I did were all improvised since I couldn't follow patterns. But I've worked with circs; I've done basket weave dishcloths; and at one point got into intarsia, even designed a long, alpine ski hat for a cousin, wherein, using intarsia, I spelled out the word "ho ho ho" all over it.
She: Those are complicated things, not a beginner!
I think with a little positivity and guideance, I could build up my confidence and skills with my knitting.
I think it was kizmet that there was one, solitary pair of dpns in that stuff I got from Freecycle. I think I could get into making a pair of socks.
Soon. Soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment