Friday, March 28, 2008

The F.A. Scrumble-Along...

This is a follow-up to this post.

I mailed out the scrumble on Monday or Tuesday of this week. Hopefully by this point in time, the first recipient(s) (two sisters, I believe!) are busily adding to it.

I hope this scrumble along goes smoothly--I've done my best to make it as easy as possible for folks to pass it on to the next recipient (all they have to do is re-tape it shut, and slap the pre-printed to/from mailing address labels on it--as well as take care of postage on their end).

And on a personal note, regarding my personal scrumble-along...

However, here I am, waiting for my own scrumble from my private scrumble-along to return home. There was a "log jam" of sorts jamming things up for the rest of us. One person "cheesed" on it, and another, a late-comer to the scrumble-along held onto in-coming scrumbles, leaving the rest of us in a 2-3 week span of no scrumbles at all... really at this point I'll be surprised to get mine back, but I am hopeful. I've seen pictures of it over at the blog of one of the participants. Fantastic photography. I can only imagine at this point what's been added, and how the shape has morphed.

Here's more photos of the participating scrumbles:
Sparkyalbatross' scrumble (we think!)
C4G's scrumble
Yarnsandmusings' scrumble
Sharing the Moment's scrumble

Some fantastic things have been happening to/with our scrumbles!

One scrumble, Alycennyc I believe, is MIA, as someone (I can only deduce) bailed on the scrumble--of course after hers was mailed out--so Alycennyc's original scrumble has found its way into the rip in the space-time-continuum, and she needed to generate a new starting scrumble for the rest of us to build upon--not sure if I've seen hers--I've been remiss with taking photos.

Granted, life gets in the way and keeps us from doing the things that make us happy--but it would be lovely if those less-inclined to keep up with the CAL, would just be up front about it. I have to admit having a problem like a scrumble becoming MIA and a participant having to re-create a starting scrumble for something that's supposed to be a fun way to use up scraps of yarn and have something to fiddle with for what amounts to a few minutes, really upset me, perhaps more than it should, but I'm the one who organized and is hosting this little endeavor... so remind me how or why I shouldn't take it personally?

3 comments:

YarnThing said...

Did you get the ones I sent? I sent them out last week on Monday. Yours was in there so be certain that it is on its way back.

I am sorry they got held up at my house. I was in a car accident and have been dealing with a lot of that. It was a full week after I had put the scrubles I had in the envelope that I found it in a bag of stuff that was taken out of the wrecked car before it was towed.

I hope you can forgive me and don't think poorly of me.

Marly

Anonymous said...

What's to feel poorly about? You're not the one who outright cheesed on it, girlie:)

Yep I got your package and sent it off a week or so ago, I believe.

Deneen said...

I wouldn't take it personally, sometimes these things happen. I was just wondering about this yesterday and somehow missed this post til today. I would be more than happy to help work on Alyce's new scrumble-and am sure we could all pull it together somehow.