Friday, July 25, 2008

Notes From The Road: CGOA Conference: Part I

What can I say, I am totally decimated. Zero energy. Here it is
10:22 a.m., and I finished breakfast and my first few cups of coffee
for the day. I'll be heading back up to the suite to take my morning
shower--got up late, so had to shower AFTER breaky.

We arrived by 11 p.m. last night, after a four hour (and then some!)
drive to get here in Manchester. The drive took a lot more out of me
than I thought it would. But I'm glad I'm here.

The hotel upgraded us for free to a suite, and really I'm wishing
others were able to come with us. The bathroom is nothing short of
palatial. Everything is clean and bright and fresh. Can you tell I'm
pleased?

One added plus: Free computer/internet access, so I'll be jotting
notes when I can.

After showering and resting up a bit more, I'll venture over to the
Radisson (we're staying at the Hilton down the road, due to the
Radisson being at capacity).

I am very excited, and have no real knowledge of what to expect on
the main floor where they have a "marketplace" set up. I have cash
and hope I don't run through it all with the goodies-- as Saturday
night there will be a gala dinner and silent auction for charity,
and there will be goodie bags for that, too. So I'm hoping to keep
my wits about me.

I have a class scheduled with Dee Stanziano (her blog is on my sidepanel).
The class I'll be taking with her is for a technique called Pushmi-Pullyu.
I'm intrigued and know nothing about this technique. I didn't even google it.

I also brought the barest of crochet essentials for my two classes.
I didn't want to load myself down, as I want to focus on the
instruction, and leave myself enough room in my bags for a few
judiciously priced "impulse buys."

Class is at 2.

"Here endeth the fiber-addict's babbling..."

More to come.

Stay tuned, man.

1 comment:

Deneen said...

I wish I would have gone, I even discussed it tonight. Damn me and not thinking.