After class today, me and the spousal-unit went to dinner with a cousin and his wife who happen to live not-too-far from here.
“A lapsed anglican, a catholic, a hindu and a pagan walked into a steak house…” Almost has the “ring” of a bad joke, no?
Much meat and booze was consumed, and we happily discussed an assortment of topics ranging from (including but not limited to):
Pterodactyl porn (I need to furnish the link once I get home);
Duck porn;
Cake Farts;
Speculations that the European Union has a case of “Jungle Fever”;
Big Lebowski was quoted by me and the cousin’s wife–copiously;
The co-worker of mine who photographed that particularly big bowel movement she birthed;
The Last Emperor was quoted (“Mmmm, no meat for you today”… uttered after sniffing the Emperor’s dung)
Mike Rowe on Dirty Jobs;
Mike Rowe’s stint on QVC or was it HSC?;
Mike Rowe’s episodes regarding the horse and pig farms wherein he gave a “masturbatorial assist” during breeding times;
North Indian food vs South Indian food;
Pickles and kombucha;
Coffee: Bolivian vs Jamaican; Bolivian vs Kona;
Patron;
Scotch: age vs casking; single malt vs mixed;
Martinis: vodka vs gin;
Trader Joes: me and the cousin’s wife have a near-addiction, which cannot be squelched (who can with jumbo seville olives stuffed with garlic cloves or blue cheese chunks?;
“Blue Cheese” martinis: martinis w/blue cheese chunk stuffed olives, rendering a murky, yet delicious product;
Rocky Horror Picture Show;
Hairspray: Travolta vs Divine;
Pink Flamingoes’ canine coprophagia scene;
Discussion of food porn, i.e. recipes to be sent forthwith: coq au vin; tom yum goong; panna cotta…
The class was good, informative, well-prepared. I, however, failed miserably at the technique. So much so I worry if I'll actually attempt it any time soon. I quickly became demoralized and disappointed when I couldn't master it right off the bat; however, using my non-dominant hand in an activity which IS second nature to me... it was tedious and frustrating, and totally this is ME. It was great to meet with the instructor and sit in on my very first "CGOA class."
After dinner, we got back to the hotel, and I did about ten laps in the indoor pool and lounged about. Then headed back upstairs to re-arrange my goody bags (got two, the husband had one too), and get my stuff together for my class, which starts at 9 a.m. So right after breakfast, I'm heading out again.
Wondering if the minor league baseball team will play today--as our hotel room has an absolutely perfect view of the baseball diamond. We literally could sit in our room and watch the game with a bird's eye view.
Not too shabby, eh?
I neglected to bring my camera, and my current cell phone lacks one; so any pictures of my goody bag booty will have to be snapped when I get home. I did manage to get some clever wooden purse handles--you can never have too many--and I know a fat bottomed bag is in my future--eventually!
Stay tuned...
Well worth the trip to NH just for the dinner time conversations!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oooh, even your husband went-I couldn't get mine to go with me anywhere like that.
I gave him the choice, he decided to come along. We ended up getting upgraded to a suite and it worked out great. I think perhaps he was nervous about me making that long-assed drive by myself at night. Overall I am glad he came along!
I'm glad you're having such a good time! :)
Everyone progresses at their own speed. All this means is you, me -- together again -- and we shall overcome! :)
It was a pleasure to meet you!!!
~Dee
Post a Comment