Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Wherein I Blather About the Fall/Winter Trip


Here is the pallu, aka the fall, or the tail end of a Myesore silk "wedding sari"
I received as a gift recently.
An almost unwieldly 9 yards in length -- and yes I know how to wrap it.
Turns out I will have a wedding to wear it to; now if only I knew
what I'd wear on Day 1; the sari is for the reception.
Day 2 I haven't a clue what I'll wear, let alone know if I need two
distinct outfits for that too.
Day 3 I doubt if we'll participate.

Date hasn't been fixed yet; however, it'll be sometime between
November and January/February, which mercifully is the time
when it's a bit cooler in the south of India.

Date hasn't been set yet, and already I'm Googling my pastey white ass off...
to find craft supply stores in the area where I'll be
(I've found two in the neighborhood of the hotel where we will be).
Among the items to be purchased will be fiber from the region, a charkha (possibly), and
some sandalwood dowels for a friend to carve up some crochet hooks.
There's even a museum devoted to fiber or spinning in Coimbatore, I believe.
I'd love to take a tour of a spinning or weaving mill while there, too.

More prattle will be forthcoming as events unfold...

No comments: