Friday, April 03, 2009

"Yarn Crawl Facilitation"

I just want to toss this out there, for anyone in northern NJ, downstate NY or southern CT, who might be interested in, but might be a bit reluctant, coming to NYC for a yarn crawl.

I'd love to eventually go into business doing this; however, I'd love to try things out on a small scale.

This is what I have sketched out so far for one of my basic tours, though more specialized tours could be arranged (i.e. yarn crawls combined with museum visits, etc).

This could include, but not limited to coordinating a great day out with a minimum of five (5) friends which includes, but is not limited to:

  • After meeting at Grand Central Station, I’ll escort you to a minimum of two (2) LYS (local yarn stores), with a possibility of a third;
  • Escorting you to a notions shop (for buttons, etc);
  • Escorting you to one of NYC’s finest chocolate shops;
  • Lunch at a pub (off a set brunch/lunch menu) **Note:** the lunch location is neither Kosher, nor does it specialize in vegetarian food;
  • Digital photographs of your outing with friends;

**Cost per person: $40**

I believe $40 is a fair price for coordinating this (other tour guides for similar service offer $40 without offering their clients lunch).

The $40 fee does **not** include transportation. We’ll be on foot mostly; however, it’s advisable to obtain a 1-Day Fun Pass ($7.50) MetroCard, so we can pop on and off the bus or subway, so as not to tire ourselves out as we traverse the city.

**Note:** The 1-Day Fun Pass is good for unlimited subway and local bus rides from first use until 3 a.m. the following day. Additionally, show your MetroCard at participating museums, restaurants and stores around town and get discounts.

For specialized tours (i.e. trips to museums with yarn/fiber/textile type exhibits), the cost is variable.

Please let me know what you think of this. I'm eager for feedback.

1 comment:

madonnaearth said...

If I was anywhere close, I absolutely would pay $40 bucks for that. Gladly.