Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Springtime Inspiration & Upcycling

Image from Design Mom

I stumbled across the post for Design Mom's Spring Purse, and fell in love with this idea.
Though I'm still muddling through, I'm not sure if I'm up to making two;
a bunny for my niece celebrating Easter, and a sheep for my niece
who celebrates Passover.

But I will file this one away for a "possible" idea for next year's spring giftie.

This year I will make papier mache eggs, which will be stuffed with goodies
related to either holiday.

Photos forthwith.

2 comments:

mb. said...

I like the sheep for Passover idea! One side of our family always gets left out it is hard to think of ways to blend but not offend. I cannot wait to tell everyone I found it on a site called Fiber P*rn!

Maven said...

MB: Even with the papier mache egg I plan on doing, it's holiday appropriate for both Easter and Pesach. I plan on decorating both real spring like, and if I can manage it, perhaps somehow or another in light or water color effect, softly ink the hebrew words for most of the items on the seder plate... starting with the obvious: BEITZAH! :)