I achieved a full-on "yarn-gasm" at the wonderful steal: Schaefer Andrea 100% silk, 1093 yds each skein, 50% off! I snapped up two (thinking, surely when I finally get around to working with this yarn, and if I run short, I'd kill myself for not having the foresight to pick up an additional skein). The skeins normally retail at $52-$55 per skein.
With the exception of the Irish Crochet book to the left, while at the Knitting Niche, I also picked up Wrapped in Crochet: Scarves, Wraps, & Shawls (Paperback)by Kristin Omdahl, as well as Crochet Jewelry: 40 Beautiful and Unique Designs (Paperback)by Waejong Kim , and Anna Pulvermakher .
The Irish Crochet book I actually received recently via PaperbackSwap.
On April 22nd, I headed into NYC to meet up an online acquaintence, of whom participated in a swap over at Bubbo's Place on Ravelry. I suggested we meet in NYC so I can give her her "magic ball of awesomesauce," and it turned out to be a fabulous day.
We met at the Cooper-Hewitt, and took in their exhibit on Felt. I loved it, and could see paralells between this exhibit and the Radical Lace exhibit from nearly two years ago at the Museum of Arts and Design.
We had a mutually fantastic time, had lunch, and headed off to Knitty City, wherein I bought the above skein of magenta Cascade 220, which was a near perfect match (I'd say, 99.44% perfect) for the Wool of the Andes I had been using up to that point.
We took off to School Products to ogle their wares. I didn't see much (other than their yummy cashmeres) that tickled me, and decided on buying a size B Addi crochet hook. I love my J so much, I figure why not get a B and see how it works on threadwork.
Additionally, the owner, I don't know what to say about him. Though he may know his stuff, textile and fiber-wise, I did not want him to get the sense that I was wasting his time by even buzzing me into his shop. And Addi crochet hooks are not something you see everywhere.
And while I'm riffing on a yarn theme here, and since the entire object of this photoblog essay of stuff in my craft room/studio, I bagged up these little skeins of nylon "knitting fur" (which, IMHO is nothing more than a nylon "faux mo'" or mohair-wanna be. Yardage etc is in my stash on Ravelry. I wanna get rid of them. $5 plus the cost of postage and they could be yours. Let me know via Ravelry if you're interested. They're in ziplock bags, and I am a nonsmoker and have no pets.
MORE TO COME...

No comments:
Post a Comment