Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The "Mother Load," aka "All The Shit That's Fit To Photograph": Part Three

Here is a small clutch which has been languishing in my WIPs bucket. It was worked, freehand/no pattern in Berrocco wool, and felted. I haven't stitched it together yet. It's just a simple flap design.


Here it is with a hyperbolic corsage I crafted (a big bloom and three or four smaller "violetas." The corsage is crafted out of Lamb's Pride and remain unfelted.

I am unsure if I will be affixing this front and center, or off to the left and embellished with buttons and somesuch. I'm just too indifferent about it all. And of course if someone wants to take this off my hands, just let me know. The clutch is machine wash felted/fulled, unstitched, and could possibly be cut, or even used as a pot holder. Like I said, I'm just indifferent to it at the moment.

Another project languishing since oh----October or November 2008: A baby blanket for Eva. All done freehand, my own imagination dictating what comes next. The flower motifs were all done as a "daisy chain" style and added with whip stitching.

The problem is, of course, doing it freehand, and I'm not all too diligent or worried about symetry, however, I did not like how the motifs were laying (not flat), so I thought perhaps snipping the chains (hence, the "daisy chain") might free up the blooms to be gently coaxed into place and then I can start crocheting onto the next level. I just don't know.

Here's the main, center motif, which I'm quite fond of. And even the floral motifs around look good at this point...

Here's a close-up of the backside w/the chains

I just "don't know." The curling could be controlled (subtext: beaten into submission with a little steam ironing). I hate to say I'm indifferent about this project. I love the center motif, right up to where the floral motifs are attached. I need to get on the stick, and need advice quick. The woman to whom I shall be gifting this to, is coming back from maternity leave (been out for six months) next week, and I'd like to have this finished by THIS weekend.

You can see how I snipped the motif to allow a bit more "give" so the motifs can be coaxed where I want them, as I crochet up the next round. I really don't want to go back and snip all the chains though.

My inclination at this point? I've got my pride. It's all or nothing. I don't want to snip them all, and to do some and not all, is just shoddy. I'll tear down the floral motifs and conceptualize something else for that next round. But what? I've got a "thing" right now for interlocking rings, or even hearts...

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

SusanInEgypt said...

Just thinking...could you attach the next round to the tan-colored edge under the flowers and let the flowers lie on top? I'm obviously not a crochet-person.