Wednesday, May 06, 2009

On Baby-Melting Acrylic...

GAH! I ran out of that baby pink Red Heart Supersaver for Eva's Baby Blanket!

I have 3 more of the new motifs remaining to be hooked, and I ran out! I know I placed an order at A.C. Moore.com a few days ago (and was hoping the parcel would be here by now). And now? I'm hoping that the pink I ordered will match.

I'm Jonesing to get these motifs done, so I can just zip, zip, zip through the granny phase and assemble.

I bought from A.C.Moore.com because I have a "Major League Hate-On" for Michaels.

CAN I HOLD OUT UNTIL THE PARCEL ARRIVES?

ETA:

I took a long lunch and drove to Hartsdale Fabrics, thus driving right past Michael's, in order to get some yarn, suitable as a match, given the fact HF does not carry Red Heart. I settled on some stuff by Patons, I believe, and bought some nice wool (Taos, I believe) for another project. I was glad I was able to keep my promise (to myself) about valuing my time and business sense enough to go elsewhere, rather than to keep dumping money into Michael's for shitty service, all because they (whether the local manager or their corporate office) does not want to hire full time employees to try to trim costs of healthcare and other "perks."

Got home and sure enough, the parcel from A.C. Moore was there, and I was glad I picked up some light khaki colored acrylic, as I *thought* I ordered some to finish off this project, only to find out I had not.

Now for the difficult part: Muddling through the pain of my pinched nerve (right shoulder, radiating down to right pinky and ring finger) to finish this baby blanket... and NOT jump right into using the new Taos for yet another little entrelac bag!

No comments: