Went to Annie & Co., yesterday after a doctor's visit. At first I was mezmerized by a particular colorway of some superwash Colinette; but ended up buying some T'ika pima cotton.
I love the hand of the yarn, and works up nicely. Very supple in the hands. Colors are vivid. And I like that by purchasing it, I'm contributing to their project and supporting children in the highlands of Peru.
Never heard of this brand before.
I had the skeins (three, one in ea: black, white, turquoise) all wound up for me, as it was calling to me. And I worked on a new project with it on the train, en route home.
I might just call them up to see if I can get them to mail me more, or do I have to traipse back into the city for it. I love it. I love natural fibers. It feels so good.
I also bought some Bombay yarn. Cotton. And looking at the label just now, I'm jazzed that this company is based in Barcelona, Spain, one of the places I've visited and loved so much. Perhaps a skinny clapotis is the intended use for this. I can't wait to start working it up!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's so neat. I hadn't heard of that yarn yet either.
This yarn is new to me too. Thanks for the link.
Post a Comment