I thought I left the camera at the husband's uncles, but turns out it slipped out of my tote and onto the floor of my car. Luckily I found it, and managed to download some photos to give an idea of what's been going on in my neck of the woods.
In no particular order...
I have been working on a link for the Friendship Chain of Yarn (see the Ravelry group, as this link will take you to the blog devoted to this worthy cause). The pink one is mine. This is part of the "Cassiopeia" section; this chain will be enormous at its conclusion.
A strip type rosette worked partially in vintage ivory crochet cotton and some mauve I have hanging around. I want to find an unusual use for this and not just simply tack it onto the side of a cloche.
I received another parcel from my friend in Egypt, the matryoshka type nesting doll is from her; and at last week's naughty knit night, I received the bacon floss from one friend, and the Scottish sheep magnet (as well as a lovely antique post card depicting my family forebears surname on it) from another friend. I'm blessed to have such thoughtful friends.
While out to lunch the other day, I went to Christmas Tree Shoppes in search of some small type glass jars with lids to send out some samples of my Indian pickle, as well as see if they had any canning supplies, as I've got a batch of strawberry rhubarb, strawberry rose, and kumquat jam/marmalade eagerly waiting to be made and properly canned. While at Christmas Tree Shoppes, I discovered BACON SALT! So needless to say, I snapped up a few! As good as it is, I put some on my hard boiled egg, and wondered to myself if I could make it... and no doubt better, too. So wait and see on this.
Busy busy here, as always. When I'm not sleeping 13 hours straight (on non work days when I can manage such a length of time like that), I'm usually going a million miles a minute.
Busy busy here, as always. When I'm not sleeping 13 hours straight (on non work days when I can manage such a length of time like that), I'm usually going a million miles a minute.Right now, I'm sitting here with a Turbie Twist on my head, a towel on my body, air drying as best as I can, post-shower, and waiting for one final "bathroom run" before getting dressed and braiding my hair and heading to NYC for a doctor's appointment, and possibly visiting with a friend briefly for coffee. No yarn crawls or extended day of shopping and wandering about, as I have to get back to Stepford in time for this week's naughty knit night!

5 comments:
Thanks for the Friendship Chain link; I'm going to check that out now. And remember, the ChalkDust Knitters, the group I knit with comprised of educators, would be interested in your crawls to NY. We have issues with the commute in and getting from point A to point B.
Thank you so much for sharing the photo, I'm so glad that the chain is continuing to grow! I wasn't sure how you'd feel about this blog being linked from the Project blog, so I'm mentioning you by Ravelry username only, but if you're ok with it I'll trackback here. Mwah!
re: the rosette. Merkin?
See you later, you can tell me what you think of that idea.
Zellie... just PM me, and we should meet fece to face or at the very least talk on the phone regarding working around the commute into the city/mobility issues, as the tours are done on foot, and relying mostly on mass transit.
Robyn: Rav nick is fine. I was glad to help. And I've passed it on to another local friend who will add to it before I mail it to the next recipient... speaking of which, I need their addy!
Kathleene: Definitely... you know, I'm partial to Merkins!
Any luck on the bacon salt make-alike? Ummmmmmm, Bacon. If you worked it out, please let us know!
Post a Comment