I *think* I'm getting the hang of it. I think. I'm sure there'll be an easier way to do the triangles on the left side to even up the panel to form a perfect square; however, I'm a left-handed person, and I'm the queen of improvisation. I'll figure it out eventually. This might become a washcloth; or I might frog it. Who knows. Or perhaps, I'll add it to the "WIP Wrestlemania" for July.1. These have remained open to the workplace "elements" for about 2-3 days (as of Friday; and no doubt they will be still there on Monday). Uncovered.
2. Behold the pitiful dye job for the icing, which I suppose was intended to be blue, instead it's a murky greyish color.
3. I can only deduce the intended motif was "floral" however, it does look somewhat sexual, like Georgia O'Keefe paintings are intended to look vaginal. In my perverse "eye," I see carbuncles and a clitoris, and sadly, I also see the lack of a clitoris on the companion cupcake.
4. There's nothing appealing about this "still life."
I can only imagine the thought process of bringing these *ahem* pastries to the workplace; not only are they stale, but also appear to be pecked at by birds in the wild. It's like those old Life Cereal commercials, "Give it to Mikey, he'll eat anything," however, in this instance, the subtext is that our co-workers are the collective "Mikey."


6 comments:
You realize your coworkers were picking at them like birds? Funny how they're most likely disgusted by the thought of eating the whole cupcake, but they must have the marshmallow and the cherry-looking thing decorations.
Seriously I thought I left a comment here earlier. Blogger hates me ::weep::. Is that crochet enterlac? kinda cool.
WTF? Those are supposed to be cupcakes? Are those mini marshmallows on top? And did someone steal a maraschino cherry off of one and leave the rest of the cupcake? The cupcakes at my cousin's grad party, which were made of boxed cake mix (funfetti FTW) were way prettier than those nasty things. And they managed deep-purple and teal colored icing.
Now I need to make cupcakes just to demonstrate my superiority.
Word verification = "nunticsz", which is what I imagine happens when a nun ingests those nasty cupcakes.
Yep, I was delayed checking my comments (at work, yanno, I'm a bit slow with some stuff:)
Yes, crochet entrelac.
Mmmm, funfetti!!! It wasn't a maraschino cherry, it was either a gumdrop or jelly bean. Mind you these had been sitting out, uncovered, unrefrigerated, for 2-3 days, and god only knows what type of workplace insects had traipsed across the crusted over icing. GAH.
Oh those poor defective cupcakes. Normally I'd be first to put them out of their misery, but I don't think I'd even touch them. In other news, I've had a carbuncle before, and it didn't looks NEAR as bad as those cupcakes.
Wow...I think the bell is tolling for those cupcakes.
Post a Comment