Sunday, September 13, 2009

As Promised: Photoblogging What I've Been "Up To"

First up, yarn I purchased at Sheep to Shore in Nantucket, whilst on vacation.
New England Shetland brand.
Here are two swatches I have done in Catherine's Wheel.
Once I got my tension right, it seemed to work out well.
Not sure, ultimately, what I will do in this stitch/pattern.
Necessity is the Mother of Invention.
Not satisfied with what search engine results
(on Google or on Ravelry itself)
for "crochet, lace, heart, motif,"
I took matters into my own hand
and knocked this sucker out in some fabulous
mercerized cotton crochet thread
a generous friend RAK'd me.
Though the motifs look HUGE in this photo, they are not more than 3 inches
in circumference. I've slipped them together to become,
possibly, a book mark. The bottom motif is smaller than the
first two and a twin of it will be placed at the other end
for symetry. (Worked in a 1.65 mm steel hook.)
Here is the RAK box in all its lovely, cottony, glory.
The moment I opened it, I could not wait to start
fiddling with motifs. Love the colors and the "hand,"
and glad that there is enough to finish up complete
projects (the brown/white to the right, there are nearly
three complete balls of it; the green/multi to the lower left
and the pink/purple multi to the upper left both have
two balls each.
DELIGHTED!!!
Also, the white jar is some home crafted "Shea Buttah."
All so very thoughtful, and greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

Deneen said...

So glad you liked everything and looks like you've been busy!

The yarn from Nantucket is beautiful!