
I knocked this one out on Friday, during the raging snow storm. Pleased how it turned out, need to starch and block it. It's going to be the basis for a wedding wrist corsage for a friend.
ETA: Eventually given to friend RogueKnits and not the original recipient.

One of the pillows of a set that came with our old sofa. In it, I see motifs for an afghan. Love the colors and activity of this pattern:)

Cabin fever being what it is, and the fact I don't "panic shop" for provisions for snowstorms, I was caught out there a bit. Luckily I did get milk a few days before. Above picture is a pot of Canellini and Kale soup w/bacon I whipped up w/pantry items and things from the freezer. NOMMY:) The only alteration I did to the recipe was to use leeks rather than shallots, as that's what I had on hand.

I also made a potato frittata using up the leftover herb roasted bliss potatoes from the night before (no pic), and whipped up a batch of brioche, which I arranged as "pull aparts." Luckily I had all the components for this in the pantry too:) Next time I need to pay attention to the butter, I think I didn't add enough, and I need to let these proof an hour rather than a half hour.

And the last thing in the house that needs attention and feeding, my jar of Kombucha mothers. It's all vinegar at this point, but as long as they're moist and getting air, they're pretty happy. I need to tend to them tonight before Big Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment