Wednesday, July 27, 2011

(Insert Witty Title Here)

After the fourth frogging of my clapochet,
(frogged it the fourth time last night), I'm debating
whether I should continue with it or go
with a different pattern entirely.

Yet pattern-wise? Nothing is screaming out
to me, "Hey you! Crochet me! You'll love it!"
"Hey you! Hook me up! It'll be a fun time!"

Nope. Sadly nothing is interesting to me
at the moment.

I frogged back the clapochet down to the
row where I should join a new skein and start the
"straight section."
I'm going to ruminate on this a bit before
I decide if I'm going to frog it entirely.
The joy in it is just gone (ATM).

So in the meantime, en route to the
Farmer's Market this afternoon, I checked out a
shrub (what? doesn't everyone check out their
local shrubbery?) to find some of the
leaves, the shape of which I'm rather fond of.

So I snapped a few pics, and not sure
what my intention will be:

Duplicate shape via crochet?
Cut out a template for felt projects?
Cut out rubber stampers for a
stamp (and possibly a batik) project?

Haven't a clue.

But in the meantime, I'm just doing what I do.
Networking, and Stumbling, and Tweeting,
and when all that fails, I'll do my "3, 3, 3..."
Which is, I go to the third (or fourth or whatever
I've decided for that day) blog on my side panel,
then go to the third blog on THAT panel,
then go to the third blog on THAT panel,
etc etc etc, until I'm thoroughly
entertained, enlightened, inspired, etc.

4 comments:

Miss Julep said...

It happens! I've had a few projects that I wanted to do so badly but they just didn't want ME:)Plus, it's hard to maintain interest in scarves and wraps when it is sweltering outside.

The leaf is a good muse for future projects of some sort or other.

Maven said...

I love the leaf. Not sure if I want to duplicate it in crochet, or do a plushy type felted project, or even do an applique project with it. I like the shape. A LOT! :)

Sad to say, nothing really is jazzing me lately, pattern-wise, and I'm kind of fried at the moment, trying to read and comprehend someone else's pattern, and try to decipher/interpret it via the yarn.

There's always my fall back: entrelac. But shit. I'm so tired of THAT! :)

The Frizzy Hooker said...

This probably is the best time to check out shrubbery. Sales Sales Sales.
I really should frog this baby blanket- it will be my fifth. Instead, I am going to hook on and hope ...

Maven said...

HOOK ON, Frizzy! Good luck and go forth! :)